Dr. Hani Sadek and the oral health professionals at DentalZen have extensive experience dealing with dental emergencies. Our greatest goal is to get you out of pain and back to your normal life as soon as possible.
Emergencies don’t always happen during regular business hours, which is why we offer a emergency phone number for after-hours emergencies. We want you to be confident that we’ll be there whenever you need us.
Some of the most common dental emergencies seen at DentalZen include:
- Tooth trauma
- Abscessed teeth
- Root canals
- Tooth sensitivities
- Wisdom teeth removal
While dental emergencies are rare, they can happen, and it’s important to know how to take care of your teeth no matter what.
- Bitten lip or tongue: Wash and clean the area with warm salt water. If the bleeding does not stop, contact our office.
- Broken, chipped, or fractured tooth: Keep the area clean and save the fractured piece. Contact our office for an appointment as soon as possible.
- Knocked-out tooth: Go to our Whitby office as soon as possible, keeping the tooth in milk until you get here.
- Toothache: Avoid biting on that tooth, and avoid hot or cold things to eat or drink. Don’t wait too long to visit our office, as a toothache can be indicative of infection.
- Broken jaw: Stabilize the jaw as best as you can and don’t move it. Go immediately to our office or an emergency room.
The most important thing you can do in a dental emergency is call our Whitby dental practice at 905-668-5815 as soon as possible.